Ms Booth's Grade 5 Class
Welcome to our Class website!
Just two weeks left until the break. This is a busy week. Monday/Tuesday, I've asked students to bring in candy for Gingerbread houses and a piece of cardboard ( about the size of regular paper) wrapped in tin foil. We are making the houses on Tuesday but I like to have the supplies here early just in case. The school is supplying the icing and graham crackers. On Monday Laura Webb is back to teach us art. I will explain to the students how to make a business plan for their Entrepreneur project. Books will go home on Monday and that will give them a week to work on the good copy business plan with your help or supervision. If your child has been at school and using their time wisely, their booklet is their rough draft. We have been working on it weekly. I have noticed that some booklets are missing information. The booklet is straight forward so they will need to complete what is missing on their own time. Report summaries go home Monday and an email link to book an appointment with me if you like. Ms Fuller's and my comments about student learning is on spaces. Your report summary is just a checklist. Tuesday we go ice skating. No hockey sticks. I have reached out to parents who are driving. We will leave the school at 8:55. Please make sure you send your child to school with their equipment if you did not pay for the skates/helmet. We are practicing our Christmas song. It is staring to sound good. Wednesday is early dismissal. Friday is our school's pancake breakfast.
Entrepreneur Fair *** Final Fair day changed to Dec. 18th due to the pancake breakfast
- Around Nov. 22, you will take your child out to buy the supplies they need and fill out the money plan sheet that will go home that week. Booklet with go home with an update. Due back on Monday Nov. 27
- Nov 23 onward, supervise your child as they make their products. I recommend spreading it out over the weeks leading up to the Dec. 18th date. Thursday Nov 30th a prototype is due at school.
- Dec. 11th the workbook will go home and students need to make a business plan following the instructions in the book.
- Dec. 18th come by the school between 12:30-2:45 and checkout the fair.
If you have a message for me, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and take care,
Please make sure your child has a rain coat each day and a change of pants and socks in their backpacks. Staying inside is not an option if the Principal has deemed it an outside day.
1. We don't use students full names when blogging.
2. We respect each others ideas and use positive language when blogging
3. This is a site for my students and their families, please do not give out any passwords to extended family and friends.
4. Pictures of students can not be shared unless permission has been given.
Our class rules
1. Be Respectful
2. Be Safe
3. Always try your best at everything you do.